Spring has Sprung and that means spring cleaning! Mother Nature is getting a fresh start so why not your home or office?! We have a few tips and tricks for you on decluttering, organizing and sprucing up any space.
1. Take it slow and go step by step, this isn’t a sprint. You want to take the time and make sure that each area is just how you want. We’ve found that most people do one major cleaning overhaul a year, so make the best of this time.
2. Get Chic with new containers! “I recently bought some antimicrobial-treated canvas bins for my bathroom closet. Having containers to separate everything, and conceal the variety of packaging among my beauty products, means that when I open my closet, it is visually quiet.” —Cynthia Peller Hum, associate at HBA
3. Declutter, Declutter and Declutter. Start with one room and make a trash pile and a Goodwill pile. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure! One great thing about decluttering and going through drawers and closets is you may find exactly what you have been looking for… Like the scissors that always seem to be missing.
4. Don’t forget to get low. Corners and baseboards always seem to be dust traps regardless of how much you dust or vacuum. Helpful tip: making a solution of 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp of olive oil, 1 TBS of vinegar, couple drops of dish soap and about 10 drops of lemon essential oil will help keep the dust away.
5. Keep it Healthy. “Cleaning can mean more than organization and tidying up. This year, in addition to your normal closet clean out, consider the health of your entire home. We spend about 54 years of our life in our home, and the air inside is comprised of what we bring in. We need to be thoughtful about the personal care products we use, where we sleep, and what we clean with. Have your ducts cleaned and inspected for leaks and bring in dehumidifiers and air purifiers to clean up the air in your home.” —Marie Flanigan, interior designer